This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

TBSSE11 Prone Thoracic Band Pull

Started by George Chung, April 23, 2017 · 4 Replies · 110 Views

George Chung

Is a regression for this exercise to use a heavier resistance band so that it becomes easier to rise up?

Everett Carroll

Hi George,

Unless you using a very light band, increasing the resistance to force yourself into a greater arch will make the intensity of the stretch too high and compromise your form. Instead, simply don't arch as high for now. Focus on keeping your shoulders fully open and doing your best to lift if the correct order (chin, upper ribs, then lower ribs, one by one).

Submitting a form check of your current form will be helpful as well. 

Chris Toynbee

Hi,

Apologies if I'm asking the same question as George - I'm not 100% sure if my question is different so I'll ask my question anyway.

I feel like I need a stronger band on the Prone Thoracic Band Pull compared the Supine but I noticed in the video that they use the same band strength.

Is it recommend to use the same band strength on both the prone and supine and just keep practicing?

Alessandro Mainente

Use the same band.

Chris Toynbee

Thanks!