This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE4 Question

Started by Nicklas Johansson, April 23, 2017 · 3 Replies · 103 Views

Nicklas Johansson

Hi, 

I have a question regarding HS/PE4. 

If I just use a broom stick/pvc pipe it very easy to performance the exercise. I saw another post where one of the coaches suggested to add some weight in order to make the exercise more challenging. If I add weight, let say a small 5 kg plate on the broom stick, I won´t be able to do the exercise with full ROM, since the plate will touch the floor before my hands are like 2 cm off the ground. 

So what do I prioritize here, do the exercise without a weight plate with full ROM, or with a weight plate without full ROM. Or do you have any other suggestion how to performance this exercise with weight and full ROM? 

 

///Nicklas Johansson. 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Nicklas,

Great question. You will want to add weight to the bar for mastery. If you do not have a weighted bar handy and must use plates, I suggest using an elevated surface so that you can fully open your shoulders during the hold. Your goal for mastery is a minimum of 2kg.

Nicklas Johansson

Thanks, great suggestion :-) 

//Nicklas 

Suzanna McGee

I bought the little "ankle weight" set (or wrist weights… ) Each one is over 1 kg, and I slide them on the pipe. They are very small in the diameter and it works great :)  If you want more weight, you buy another set…  Also, I closed the pipe at the ends and added sand inside… another extra kilo or so…