This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Medial sign off from a pratictioner for inversions

Started by Chris Toynbee, April 23, 2017 · 9 Replies · 149 Views

Chris Toynbee

Hi,

Can anyone advise on the type of practitioner who can help sign you off doing inversions? My general practitioner seems a bit clueless.

When I try to do an exertion in an inversion I find that my left eye feels a bit weird (a bit like it's got too much pressure) so want to get it checked out by someone with the correct medical knowledge.

Chris Toynbee

Sorry the title should read medical sign off not "medial" :)

Julian Aldag

This is not medical advice but my opinion:  If you are new to going upside you will feel pressure in the head. Its natural, and over time the body wil adapt. The blood vessels need time to adapt to the new pressure.

If you have had no other heath problems, I would suggest going real slow with the integration of inverted elements.

Are you currently doing the Tripod? And for how long? 

Chris Toynbee

Thanks for the feedback Julian.

I have no other health problems.

Yes I'm doing the tripod. Currently 60 seconds. 

Margaret Graham

An ophthalmologist, would be the best medical professional for this. 

Chris Toynbee

i should have thought of that :facepalm:

Thanks Margaret!

Julian Aldag
On 4/24/2017 at 1:44 AM, Chris Toynbee said:

 

Yes I'm doing the tripod. Currently 60 seconds. 

The easiest way to solve this is start at the easiest step (3x12s) and only move on to the next step when you have no symptoms. Once you hit a step that is causing problems, hold and maintain that step for as many workouts as it takes to be symptom free before progressing. If the symptoms are too strong, go back a step and wait there for a week or two before attempting to progress again. 

Feel free to seek out an ophthalmologist. However, if you are otherwise healthy, this is just something you will have to train you body to become used to.  (My personal opinion - from experience, not a medical opinion.)

Chris Toynbee

Thanks for the advice Julian!

Julian Aldag

No worries @Chris Toynbee!  Give it a few weeks and get back to us and tell us how its going!

 

Chris Toynbee

Thanks Julian will do!