This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Substitute for core workout due to injury

Started by Benjamin Renaud, April 23, 2017 · 2 Replies · 49 Views

Benjamin Renaud

Hello, I can't do most of the PE1 for core due to hip pain that I'm having checked, x-rays didn't reveal anything and for now all I was told was to remove all aggravating exercises for 6-8 weeks, which is most of the core workout's PE1 and iM.

I was thinking of doing some of the core exercises from fundamentals in the meantime. I would just like some advice concerning programming for these. Can I do them all in one session? Go with the 60s mastery template?

Thanks, I would hate to not do any core work while I rehab this hip problem.

Everett Carroll

Hi Benjamin,

Best of luck with your recovery. I hope you get some answers about your hip pain soon! 

I removed the specific names of the exercises from your question but adding in a core workout with those Fundamentals exercises would be a good way to keep your core strong. If you can continue with hollow holds and the basic SL progressions. Keep your core workout as intact as possible until your hip is healed up. 

Benjamin Renaud

Thanks Everett, I will try and keep as much of it intact as I can, only remove offending exercises and hope this clears up fast.