This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hitting the Wall

Started by Tom Keszthelyi, April 22, 2017 · 2 Replies · 147 Views

Tom Keszthelyi

So i have been doing the Foundation/Handstand series for about nine months and i am finding myself stalling on a couple of items

  • RC: Ground rows: cant do more than 55 reps, no matter what combination of sets i use
  • sPL mobility: sPL/SE1>iM: I cannot do this one
  • HBP/PE9: Once I am in the down position, I cannot get my butt back up over the bar
  • MN: Negative Hanging Leg Lift: I have been stalled at 4x4 forever

I am advancing in other areas satisfactorily

I train Foundation twice a week and handstand three times a week

I also do the stretch series and am doing 5x5 weighlifting twice a week (on GB off days)

I was thinking of taking a break from the formal training program and just focusing on the above weaknesses til i can get them back on track

Good idea?

If so, how many tomes a week should i be doing it?

Thanks!

F1 progress: FL/PE10, sPL/SE2, SL/PE13, MN/PE6, SLS/SE3, HBP/PE9, RC/PE2

H1 progress: HS/PE6, OAHS/PE1

Everett Carroll

Hi Tom, 

I suggest you continue to train all elements. This will ensure you continue to get mobilization and strength work in every area.

The best way to start getting to the bottom of a plateau like this is to send in form checks. To help identify weaknesses with your sPL/SE1, I suggest submitting form checks of your HBP/PE3 and sPL/PE5 as well.

You can also consider lowering your weekly training volume. Since you are doing other training and activities in addition to GST, you may not be getting enough recovery. Some extra rest might help you better adapt to the exercises. You are on some hard progressions and need the rest. 

Tom Keszthelyi

Thanks for the feedback Everett

Ill step back and review as you note.

I will also discuss with my ego :)

I'll probably forego the 5x5 for now