This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A few questions about fat quantity

Started by Antonio Alías Montoya, April 22, 2017 · 4 Replies · 106 Views

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi Jeff and community! I was really looking forward to get to this step because I think I might be eating too much fat and maybe that s the reason it s hard for me to loose weight together with eating sweets from time to time.

So far I ve kept my fat intakes during lunch and dinner the same than before Thrive and now I ve included more fat also in the breakfast. I m using olive oil in any of my meal. Vegeteble, carbs and proteins. And I want to remeber that I don t eat meat. I know it s not optimal but it s my decission, so first of all please don t try to convince. I want your honest help with the foods that I have available. Said this, I must add the my regular breakfast always include a really big yogurt or kefir and what I add to eat keep changing: nuts, salmon, some veggies, depending on the day and how hungry I am. And generally in left the fish for the dinner, so almost every night I m eating fish. This left me with the eggs and cheese option for lunch just for having some variety. I love fish but eating at every meal is boring. And also it seems a better idea to eat the more fatty protein options earlier in the day. So my questions are the next:

1.In the best case if I try to control and measure myself I ll be eating 2 table spoons of olive oil and 2 eggs or 40 grams of strong cheese with lunch. Is that too much?

2.Not in the best case I can be eating all the above plus half avocado or a bit more cheese. Is that too much?

3.In case is too much just for leaning purposes, is bad for health purposes? Is bad eating cheese everyday? I love cheese and almost eat everyday, good one of course.

4. Is ok to take 2 table spoon of olive oil with dinner in total?

4. Should I avoid then eating eggs or cheese at night? Sometimes, like once a week I d love to have 4 -5  egss or a really good piece. Would be ok to do it if I eliminate the 2 table spoon of olive oil?

Just for you to know I size 178 centimetres and weight 72 kilograms. I don t know my body fat percentage. I m not fat, but certainly not lean. 10 months ago a machine said I have 13% body fat, but I don t trust it and think I have more, maybe 15% but I really don t know.

Thanks in advance and hope you all can help me!

Jeff Serven

You are a pescitarian not a vegetarian right? 

If so you need to go back and get you're protein steps. There is noting you can do at this point without it. Lets get dialed in with some fish at lunch and dinner. 

Eggs or cheese are fine in the evening. I assume you mean for dinner. 

Antonio Alías Montoya

Ok, but what about the amount of fat?

Antonio Alías Montoya
24 minutes ago, Jeff Serven said:

You are a pescitarian not a vegetarian right?

First time I hear this... I was vegetarian. 4 months ago I added fish and seafood to my diet, so now the only food I m not eating is meat.

Jeff Serven

Pescitarian is a vegetarian who eats fish/seafood but no land animals.

Just eat fish as the protein source. It will work out good.