This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

GST Jounal

Started by Phillip Manning, April 21, 2017 · 3 Replies · 46 Views

Phillip Manning

What's up guys hope I'm doing this right. I was looking to find others workout journals but nothing  showed. I wanted somewhere to log my progress and hopefully share it with others. 

 

A little about me- 

 

Name: Connor Manning

Age: 23

Height: 5'10-11ish on a good day. 

Weight: 170ish

Fitness background: I've always been active and into sports, playing anything. Mostly games of tennis and golf tho. The last 5-8 years I've spent bouncing all alround different kinds of physical training from GymnasticBodies to body building, to strength training, to body weight crossfit metcons, to rock climbing and long distance running. I just finished my first half marathon last month in fact. Overall a lack of consistency to any one thing on my part has led to a lack of personal progress in my opinion, but I'm a pretty good overall athlete! Although I do struggle with some strong mobility deficiencies at the moment. 

 

Ive had BtGb and Foundation 1 for several years and made quite a bit of progress for some time but eventually faded from it. Now with all of Coaches hard work, with the new courses and follow along videos and all he's given us to succeed I really want to give it a fair shake. 

 

So hopefully I'll be able to make some great progress and be able to share it with y'all along the way!

 

Connor

Phillip Manning

Day 1 4/21:    Upper and Core

I've always alternated between strength/cardio flexibility days. When I did F1 before I followed the Workout A/B/A & B/AB schedule Coach suggested. I follow a similar pattern with F1 now and hopefully be able to add in the stretch routine on my cardio days soon.

 

 Upper

Incline Pushup 3x3r

German Arm Swing 3x10r

Incline Row 3x3r

One Arm Upright Lat Lean 3x15s

Scap Shrugs 3x3r

Swivel Hips 3x5r

 

Core

Bent Hollow Body Hold 3x12s

Cat-Cow 3x5r

Seated Russian Twist 3x6r

Standing Hip Circle 3x10r

Tuck-Up 3x3r

Stiff Leg Windmill 3x5r

 

Overall

 

Started from the very beginning today. Everything felt good, just figuring out how the videos and everything works, getting a rythm with the workout. Feel good, no pain tho I will have a long way to go with my mobility, especially in my lower body. Lower body workout on Monday, I'll most likely include my core workouts with my lower body workouts going forward, instead of pairing them with my upper body.

 

Have a great weekend

 

Connor

 

 

 

Phillip Manning

Day 2 4/24

What's up everybody. I'm running short on time today, so sneaked in a short workout during lunch. Got my Assisted Squats and Sideprone Lifts recorded but ran out of time. Hopefully I'll get to record everything next time. 

 

Could anyone tell my why I can't see the other threads in the Workout Log forum? Thanks! 

 

Lower

Assisted Squat: 3x3r 

Felt good. I had an awkward fall the other day so have a little sorness in my left hip still but nothing serious. Feel good today, look forward to being able to bump up some reps in the coming workouts. 

Assisted Squat

 

Sideprone Lift: 3x3

Felt good too. 

Sideprone Lift

 

Core

Felt good. I'm having a little trouble keeping up with the pace in the video but strength feels fine so far. Hopefully will get my for recorded for these next time. 

 

Bent Hollow Body Hold: 4x24s

Form felt good. Focused on lowering my shoulder blades closer to the ground and pulling my stomach in. Strength was a little shaky. 

Cat-Cow: 4x5r

Felt great after doing these. 

 

Seated Russian Twist: 4x12r

Strength felt good. Focused more on turning my torso and not my shoulders. When I record want to take a look at my back. 

Standing Hip Circle: 4x10r

Felt a little stiff in my lower back with dis one. 

Tuck-Up: 4x6r

Hard time keeping up with the pace on these. 

Stiff Leg Windmill: 4x5r

Really want to record my form and see what my body is doing with these. 

 

That's all I have time for today. Have a great day everybody. 

 

 

 

 

 

Phillip Manning

4/25

1 Hour Cycle 

Beautiful day today in Georgia. Got on the bike for the first time in a couple weeks, so felt a little sluggish but felt great to get after it again on the bike. Got a solid 13 miles in and stretched it out afterwards. 

IMG_0017.PNG