BOOMERANGS

Started by DanPlanche, February 19, 2010 · 3 Replies · 1,489 Views

DanPlanche

I am not sure what they are called in gymnastics but does anyone know any good tips for learning these? I know you must have really good flexibility. At the moment I can hold the still position for a about 10 seconds with my feet around an inch from the floor but I cannot turn. Any advice?

AyDxJuJa0Hs

Rikke Olsen

Isn't it just a straddle L?

Blairbob

It is just a straddle-L.

Practice shifting from side to side in a regular straddle-L besides Walking forward, backward or sideways.

In a gymnastics gym we would practice walking straddle-L's on beams (any direction) or parallel bars (forward/backward).

If you have access to a bench you can practice forward or backward but do not let the toes drop down below the bench.

DanPlanche

thanks, nice tips illl definitely try those.