This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

good or bad??

Started by DanPlanche, February 19, 2010 · 4 Replies · 690 Views

DanPlanche

I'm on this 3 month program i devised. Any advice would be good. It goes something like this:

when I do bboy training I usualy do 2-6 hours which is intense cardio and stretching.

Mon: One armed handstand training, planche training (static holds) and boomerang hold like an l sit but with the hands in front and the legs straddled)/ or Rest

Tues: Bboy training , planche training, power training (during training I throw myself about with pushing power and focus on elbow lever pushing up moves)

wed: bboy training, strength training ( handstand pushups, usualy 5 sets of 10 or more sometimes 8 sets) core training (various small excercises)

Thurs: One armed balance training, planche training, press strength training

Friday : bboy training, strength/power training (pushups, HSPUS, and variuous others) press training, core training planche training and boomerang holds

Saturday: bboy training

Sunday: bboy training, planche training

This is what I am doing now for the next two and a half months or so,. SO tell me am I over training? too much planche training>???

Usualy I rest on Monday or sometimes thursday, but the days when I just do balance and bboy training (thursday and saturday) i count as a muscular rest.

should I rest more? M goals are basically to have really good planche strength and extreme pushing power.

Blairbob

What is overtraining to one person is fine to another person. There are a few factors in there such as quality and quantity of food and rest and how much one person can train due to how long they have been training or in shape they are.

Razz

HUGE imbalance between pulling and pushing.

Seiji

I'm with Razz. I'd also like to add: NO LEGS?!

I'm a breakdancer myself, and I like to add a lot of acrobatics into my motions because my legs have already been trained to do it. Everyone appreciates a backflip. Especially people who come to watch bboys do stuff. *hint hint*

Joshua Naterman

From an injury prevention perspective, you should at least do a few sets of pull ups, FL work, and leg stuff a few times a week!

Great work capacity for the upper body pushing work though, I wouldn't be able to do that. Of course I'm a lot bigger, so that much planching for me would be a terrible idea lol!