This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder width apart required for HS/PE1

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, April 19, 2017 · 3 Replies · 167 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hello guys! I would like to clarify how should be the minimal width required for HS/PE1. I know it should be shoulder width apart, but I realized one or two fingers closer/wider make the exercise much more challenging. So I marked the distance on the stick, but I wonder if it is enough. I would like to have a clear point of reference to work on.

So looking at those pics:

IMG_20170419_072950.png.807e11c2dcfe7637944eb01f2da27ddd.png

IMG_20170419_073031.png.a47625f34025782efcba0bb78916c661.png

a few questions:

1) Is the width shown in the pics enough for HS/PE1 iM mastery or I should reduce the distance a bit more? In this latter case how much (one finger? two fingers?)

2) for the next iM, i.e. overgrip/undergrip shoulder dislocates, for mastery should I increase the distance of no more than one hand compared the the width required for HS/PE1?

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Alessandro, the grip showed in the photo below are ok for you to advance on the course.

For the dislocates I 've already reached the shoulder grip. one hand plus the shoulders grip it is perfect. the optimal situation it is shoulder grip. remember to increase the rotator cuff strength as you move closer to shoulder distance.

Johan Tideland

Hi Guys, I just want to take the opportunity to ask what exercise do you use to increase rotator cuff strength?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Johan, the rotator cuff exercises are completely and deeply covered in the Foundation 4.