This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lat Stretch

Started by David Cutler, April 18, 2017 · 3 Replies · 119 Views

David Cutler

Hi,

I recently bought the stretch series and I'm learning that I'm far less mobile/flexible in my upper body than in my lower body. One area that I feel is very tight is my lats. However, I don't see the lats directly addressed in the thoracic bridge series. Any recommendations? And would it be appropriate to add whatever lat stretches I might do to thoracic day?

 

Thanks,

David

Alessandro Mainente

Hi David welcome to GB and to the stretch course. well, sometimes there are some restrictions which made a muscle very hard to be stretched. a good example it is the shoulder. you can have difficulties stretching the lats if you joint capsule it is very tight. the cat stretch and the inverted cast strongly work on the lats.

David Cutler

thanks alessandro,

 

my shoulders and capsule are definitely super tight and I feel that the inverted cat hits my shoulder and bicep more than my lat. maybe that is just because the shoulders need some time to open before i can get to the lat?

 

thanks

Leo Trinidad

Hi @David Cutler,

Make sure you are not bending your elbows when doing the inverted cat. I would suggest that you try widening your grip and see if you can feel it in your lats.