I know I've seen threads about this before but couldn't dig up a solution...
Recently the F1 follow-along videos started launching with the mute button enabled.
It's a pain to have to unmute every single video.
Am I missing something here?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Josh Earl, April 17, 2017 · 10 Replies · 190 Views
I know I've seen threads about this before but couldn't dig up a solution...
Recently the F1 follow-along videos started launching with the mute button enabled.
It's a pain to have to unmute every single video.
Am I missing something here?
Hi Josh,
We apologize for the inconvenience, however, it isn't something that we have control over. Unfortunately this is a default setting on some devices.
4 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Hi Josh,
We apologize for the inconvenience, however, it isn't something that we have control over. Unfortunately this is a default setting on some devices.
Hey Jeff, thanks for the reply. That doesn't make sense though. The mute control apprears to be custom coded for Gymnastic Bodies. (I'm a software developer, so I'm familiar with how this stuff typically works. ) The problem I'm having is that the mute button in the interface, below the picture in picture, is now enabled when I hit play. This is not a hardware mute, it's in the GB site. I'm using an iPhone, which is pretty much the most common device out there. And it's happening in both Safari and Chrome.
It only started recently--I think it's a bug in the interface.
5 hours ago, Josh Earl said:Hey Jeff, thanks for the reply. That doesn't make sense though. The mute control apprears to be custom coded for Gymnastic Bodies. (I'm a software developer, so I'm familiar with how this stuff typically works. ) The problem I'm having is that the mute button in the interface, below the picture in picture, is now enabled when I hit play. This is not a hardware mute, it's in the GB site. I'm using an iPhone, which is pretty much the most common device out there. And it's happening in both Safari and Chrome.
It only started recently--I think it's a bug in the interface.
Exactly the same on my Samsung s7 edge ( both Chrome and device default browsers, Nougat 7 OS) and my Micsrosoft phone using Windows 10.
As it's under the video within a video it's awkward and can disrupt the flow of the training session having to to mess about trying to unmute each follow along video.
Is there anyone who doesnt have the videos muted as default?
6 hours ago, Greg White said:Is there anyone who doesnt have the videos muted as default?
My videos are not muted when I'm using Chrome on my Dell laptop and Chrome on my iPad.
Mine videos are muted when I'm using Chrome or Safari on my iPhone 7.
I'm also a software developer. I wonder if there is a set of mobile browser defaults vs. full-size browser defaults?
There is a difference between autoplay and play. This is the limitation of the autoplay system for mobile devices. We are evaluating options on how to improve the UX.
6 hours ago, Matic Balantic said:There is a difference between autoplay and play. This is the limitation of the autoplay system for mobile devices. We are evaluating options on how to improve the UX.
Thanks, @Matic Balantic—I can see why mobile browsers would be blocking the sound from autoplay video.
In my case though, the sound is muted even when I tap the play button manually.
For example, I tap the thumbnail for Lower Body, and the follow-along video autoplays. It is muted.
If I cancel out of the video, then tap the Follow Along 1 button to relaunch the video manually, it's STILL muted.
Again, this issue only started recently (last few weeks). If it was just Chrome I'd think maybe it's a browser issue, but Safari on iOS is notoriously slow to roll out updates, so it seems likely that something changed in the player code that's causing this to happen.
Hello Josh,
Thank you for the note. Technical is currently investigating what options, if any, we have here. As Adam already alluded to, this particular platform functionality may be beyond our control.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
3 minutes ago, Coach Sommer said:Hello Josh,
Thank you for the note. Technical is currently investigating what options, if any, we have here. As Adam already alluded to, this particular platform functionality may be beyond our control.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Thanks @Coach Sommer—I appreciate all the work that you and the whole GB team put into this program! It's awesome. ![]()
On 19/04/2017 at 3:21 PM, Josh Earl said:Thanks @Coach Sommer—I appreciate all the work that you and the whole GB team put into this program! It's awesome.
Something Ive just discovered is if i have my phone held vertically I just double tap in a part of the screen outside of the main video it switches the volume on and removes the video within a video. If i double tap again the volume stays on and the video within video reappears. The phones needs to be in vertcal screen for this to work.
.