This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SE1 hand placement question

Started by Mark Schoenhard, April 17, 2017 · 3 Replies · 64 Views

Mark Schoenhard

I've been playing around with this for some time and feel the best place is base of palms directly under bar.  Is that correct?  Thank you.

Luke Searra

Hello Mark, I would like you to experiment with hand placement that gives you the best center of balance while you have correct PPT and handstand positioning. Consider your general starting point the palm of your hand just in front of the bar just as if you were doing a handstand with your wrists against a wall. Let me know if this makes sense to you.

Mark Schoenhard
2 minutes ago, Luke Searra said:

Hello Mark, I would like you to experiment with hand placement that gives you the best center of balance while you have correct PPT and handstand positioning. Consider your general starting point the palm of your hand just in front of the bar just as if you were doing a handstand with your wrists against a wall. Let me know if this makes sense to you.

Makes complete sense Luke.  I will try moving palms a little further ahead.  The wall analogy helps.  This element challenges my ability not to compensate with shoulder pike.  Thank you sir.

Luke Searra

My absolute pleasure Sir, keep us updated with your progress Mark.