This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Journey to planche

Started by John Quinn Quinn, April 16, 2017 · 6 Replies · 218 Views

John Quinn Quinn

Hello everyone.  

I have started the foundations course.  I love how easy it is to follow online,  the simplicity of selecting how challenging each movement is,  and how it automatically sets the next progression to suit you. Very well done! 

 

I started these courses to prepare me for the rings course,  and will also be doing the handstand course when the time comes. 

I also started because I have always wanted to be able to planche and lever etc. 

 

So my question is,  how many steps are there before reaching the planche and levers?  Is there a map somewhere in the forum that outlines the steps and levels to pass before reaching these? 

 

Enjoying the journey,  but curious to see how far I need to travel before reaching my goal. 

 

Thanks in advance! 

 

 

Jon Douglas

The fact is that you will be able to perform a planche, correct HS etc before you are able to do it in sufficient volume to profit from it, so as to2 bbq use it in strength training. How far ahead, will vary depending on your training history and any number of other factors.

What I'm saying here is that giving you, say, th a number of steps to straddle planche in Foundation is correct, it is kind of misleading in that way.

The trick is sorting out weaknesses one by one until the skill works. Doing it is cool, but mastering it and using it to work on to the next level is much cooler :)

Josh a while ago had a maltese and straddle planche on rings, but found a lot of value in F1 planche work; that is a maybe extreme example but it does show that it's not always a case of 'do x and get y as a result' :)

John Quinn Quinn

Thanks Jon 

 

I do understand that progression will vary depending on training history,  and skill mastery.  

I wasn't asking how long until I personally get there,  my question is more relating to the number of steps or progressions in front of me before I see tuck planche or full planche in my programming. 

For example,  GB will have set x amount of steps to progress to a planche or lever work etc. I personally don't know how many steps there are,  and would like to know if there is a chart outlining the progressions, or journey toward said goal.

 

Pauline Taube

Hi John,

In the Foundation series there are 4-6 progressions in each series for this element. The exercises will gradually increase in difficulty. You will start to work on the tuck planche progression in Foundation Two and full planche in Foundation Four :) 

John Quinn Quinn
20 minutes ago, Pauline Taube said:

Hi John,

In the Foundation series there are 4-6 progressions in each series for this element. The exercises will gradually increase in difficulty. You will start to work on the tuck planche progression in Foundation Two and full planche in Foundation Four :) 

Awesome! Many thanks for the reply 

Antonio Alías Montoya

The amount of progression vary from exercise to exercise. Single Leg Squat has probably the least quantity, Rope Climbing if I remember good is the one with more progressions. They vary from around 18 to around 30, but this is is just an approximation. You d have to buy the 4 courses and count them if u wanna know it, haha.

Luke Searra

Foundations 1-4 is well worth the investment guys, and I am not saying that because I'm a forum coach. There are no other courses that give you lifetime access and support and are also built by a Junior Olympic Gymnastics coach.