This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Finally checking in after completion

Started by Travis Joseph, April 13, 2017 · 3 Replies · 113 Views

Travis Joseph

Checking in with continued progress. I have been done with Thrive now for about 5 months now, and I'm consistently keeping on track and not even having to think about it. I love the foods that I and I feel awake, alert, and always ready to perform. This crosses over into every day life including work! 

When I started thrive I had been trying to follow "health trends" and eat healthy versions that tasted like garbage. This lead to getting burnt out and failing. These step by step changes were right on he money.

One of the biggest changes I made was my approach to breakfast. Before I was eating really carby low fat breakfasts like oats and protein powder, or even worse some sort of bagel or bread. Now my staples are whole fat organic Greek yogurt, eggs, smoked salmon, beef jerky, and bacon. The focus on a high fat high protein breakfast sets me up for success right from the start. 

Refined sugar and grain. Kicking this stuff to the curb was harder than I thought (only at first) I never had a huge problem with candy but some of the biggest staples in my diet were sandwiches and burritos and I put ketchup or barbecue sauce on almost everything I ate. It's no wonder I wasn't where I wanted to be! After I recognized the enemy and made a conscious effort to remove it from my diet it didn't take long at all before I didn't care about that stuff anymore.

I had a back injury 20 months ago due to being tight and out of shape working a demanding job. At 5'10 I was approximately 215 lbs with a size 36 waist. Since then I set out on a journey for life long health and that's exactly what this program has provided. Before I found Thrive and GB I had gotten to a respectable 180 lbs but I was stuck there and I kept having these huge binges after cutting myself off. Now that I've completed Thrive I'm at 155 lbs with a 30 inch waist and very little body fat and never felt better!

Everyone I know notices the dramatic results and asks what I'm doing. I tell them GB and Thrive FTW these guys know what their doing. 

IMG_3796.thumb.JPG.9048a88fc304072e039be3a07ff7df35.JPG

Everett Carroll

This is excellent Travis! Awesome work and thanks for sharing!

Ryan Bailey

Wow Travis, Great!

Jeff Serven

Nice work Travis!!