So, I'm at the 5x36sec step and while upside down listening and counting the metronome beats, I started wondering; am I supposed to be trying to contract my hip flexors and hamstrings while doing this getting into the tightest ball possible? I have been putting as much of my weight into my hands as possible which is still quite the wrist stretch for me.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
HS PE1 compression
Started by Margaret Graham, April 12, 2017 · 4 Replies · 110 Views
HI Margaret, at this point of the progression you should be confident with the position so you can try to relax a bit.
So it doesn't profit me any to compress while I'm there? Just hang out? That is much easier ![]()
The goal of HS1 course is a free standing handstand therefore compression is not a focus here. You will get plenty of compression work in HS2 where you work towards a press handstand and ofcourse F1 too has lots of compression work. ![]()
14 hours ago, Affan Osman said:The goal of HS1 course is a free standing handstand therefore compression is not a focus here. You will get plenty of compression work in HS2 where you work towards a press handstand and ofcourse F1 too has lots of compression work.
Nice point.