This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle Hollow Body Hold - hip flexor cramps

Started by Serge Scrofani, April 12, 2017 · 5 Replies · 129 Views

Serge Scrofani

I've recently progressed to 4x60s for Straddle Hollow Body Hold (FL/PE3), but am finding my hip flexors starting to cramp into the second set and making it difficult to go more than 15 sec without needing a break.  Any thoughts?

Winter Phoenix

Hi Serge,

Did you get any cramps in the previous progression? Cramps can be due to a number of factors some of these include being dehydration, lack of conditioning of the muscles and mineral deficiencies. Is cramping something that affects your training in general or is it just during this exercise?

Serge Scrofani

Hi Winter,

I've always struggled with my hip flexors on this exercise (including cramping in earlier progressions) - seems to be the area that always fatigues first.  I don't have any other issues with cramping - just seems to be related to this exercise.  

 

Regards

Serge

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Serge, can you shoot a photo of yourself in the position and put a red dot where you are feeling cramps? also if you spread more the legs, cramps increase?

Jason Pierce

Hi Serge,

Doing these my hips also fatigued before my abs. I found that doing a 30sec seated butterfly after each set with the mobility helped. Could be due to hip flexor mobility.

Serge Scrofani

Hi Alessandro,

I've attached a photo showing where the cramps / fatigue occurs.  Seems to be less  prominent the further I spread my legs.

Thanks Jason - will try your suggestion of seated butterfly.

IMG_0211.JPG