This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE6 Form Check

Started by Johan Tideland, April 12, 2017 · 10 Replies · 135 Views

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Johan,

You're looking pretty good on both of these exercises. On your PE, keep working on getting your gluts closer to the ground. Spread your feet a bit further apart so that your knee does not pass your foot as you squat down. Doing so will also help you get your gluts closer to the floor.

Nice job on your iM. I just looks like you need some more time to feel comfortable with this element. As you twist, make sure that you are on the balls of your feet.

Johan Tideland

Thanks for the feedback @Jeffrey Bittner, I will follow your advice. Two questions: I used to do this one with my heels closer or almost on the ground as well but I have found that if I tiptoe more like I do in the video it is easier to twist, are you saying that I tiptoe too much? and I need to get my heels closer to the ground?

On the PE I find that I am pretty stiff on my first 4-5 reps and therefore I do about 10 reps then have a short break then I do perhaps 10-15 more and those will be with a better ROM. I generally do this every day and I sometimes mix it up with the side to side squats from the stretch series. I do this every day as a part of my daily limbering and I do not feel challenged too much strength wise and I do not feel sore the day after. Of course when I do my lower body training 2x/week I do the 3x2r that is prescribed in the Foundation courses and I do not move up my reps since my ROM is not good enough yet. My question is if you think my daily 20-25 reps of this is bad for my development of the Cossack Squat and if I should only stay with the 3x2r for now?

Thanks

Johan 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Johan,

Keeping your heels off the ground is okay. I apologize for not having been more clear. The ball of your foot is the part directly behind your big toe. When you spin, try to do on that part of your foot. I hope this makes better sense.

Doing extra mobility on your off days is okay.

Johan Tideland

Hello

How does this look? I feel like its is a bit harder when I bend my left leg and like I have bit less ROM on it, at least it feels tighter around my left hip when I bend my left leg in a Cossack squat. Should I spend a bit more time on my left leg perhaps?

On the im I fell like I wiggle around quite a lot and don't have a good balance when I spin around, is this something that will just get better as a practice it or should I do some extra exercise to help out with the balance?

PE https://youtu.be/cuTNAChcrp8

im https://youtu.be/XqR5qE9li1c

Thanks

Johan

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Johan,

Way to get after it and make corrections. You have made some awesome improvement. I recommend spending a few more weeks on this exercise while you become more comfortable with the left side of your cossack squat. I would also like to see slightly more ROM on the left side. Great work!

Alessandro Mainente

NIce work! solid improvements since the first video.

Johan Tideland

Hello

I have reached step9 now, is my form good enough for mastery?

PE

 

im

Thanks

Johan

Luke Searra

Solid work, improvement, and demonstration of control in both your PE and iM Johan, congratulations: level up: you may advance.

Johan Tideland

Thanks !:)