This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Training Frequency

Started by Scott Migliore, April 11, 2017 · 2 Replies · 271 Views

Scott Migliore

Hello,

I have been consistently training using the GB program for almost a year now. I started doing each of the stretch workouts as well as each foundation workout once a week. I was also an avid runner and would run most days of the week. As time went on I pretty much stopped running and have been exclusively focusing on the GB program. Currently I am in the middle/end of F2 and was curious about my training volume. I currently do the core/upper/lower 3x a week (Core - Tue/Th/Sat and Upper/lower body - Mon/Wed/Fri), each stretch series once a week (Tue, Th, and Fri), and the H1 program (Mon,Wed,Fri). I have no aches and pains at this point and my body is recovering fine but I was worried this much training might be holding me back. I was curious if I should scale back the volume, maybe do the foundation courses 2x a week and throw in some of the online classes, or continue as I have been.

 

Thanks

PS - this program has seriously changed my life. In the 10+ years I have spent working out fairly consistently I have never felt this good or had this much fun in the gym. I tell all my friends about it and try to expose as many people as I can to the GB program. I wish I knew about this program when I first started working out. It would have prevented numerous injuries I've had throughout the years. Keep up the great work!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Scott, nice to hear about your consistency, 1 year it is a good time. Well, I got my best results while training the same workout 2 times a week, but if you are fine you can consider in the deload week to drop both the intensity  (number of reps) but also the frequency of 2 times a week.

Scott Migliore

I decided to cut down my overall volume to hitting each workout (excluding stretches) 2x a week and seeing how that works for me. I'll run it for a month to see how o like it