This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progressing (new website)

Started by Patrick Johnston, April 11, 2017 · 7 Replies · 227 Views

Patrick Johnston

If I have a "test mastery" on my first attempt at a new exercise (RC PE8), if I log the reps and sets (they were easy), when does it move me up?  I notice on my next workout, I'm still on "test mastery".  Also on sPL PE5, I did that and marked it as easy, but also on my next workout, it hasn't moved me up.

Do I do the same thing all week before it moves me up?

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Patrick if you want to test he mastery you should go on 'setting' on the right of the course page /where you can see the current workout), then click on it, select the course, then the exercise (PE) and then the step 9.

Patrick Johnston

Alessandro:

I was not very clear.  Let me be more precise; I was on RC PE7.  I had entered "too easy" on that progression's final step (5 sets of 5 negative pull ups, 10 seconds each).  The program advanced me.  The very next step was "test mastery" on RC PE8.  This was on my last workout.  I did that (5 sets of 5 pull ups).  That was not a problem, so I "logged sets and reps".  

I found it curious that I went from the last step of PE7 to "test mastery" of PE8 from one workout to the next.  It would seem that I should start from step 1, not "test mastery", but I'm just following the program as designed and as it comes up on my computer.  In any case, in this instance, the mastery was not hard at all.  So, I'm wondering if the program will automatically advance me to PE9.  If so, I presume it will send me to "test mastery" of PE9.  I don't really get that. 

Everett Carroll

Hi Patrick,

Once Foundation One is complete for an element, mastery testing is the way you will begin each new progression. From now on, each time you advance to a new RC progression, a mastery test will be your first step. Afterwards, the program will automatically place you on the best step, based on the sets and reps you input after the test.

Patrick Johnston

Everett:

 

Thank you.  I greatly appreciate the help.

Luke Searra

If you run into anything else Patrick please let us know.

Ben Freeman

It would make more sense to re order the steps, so Test Mastery was first. 

I also thought the website was broken and had been manually moving off TM each time it appeared as the next step. I thought TM was a final test before moving up. 

Everett Carroll

Thanks for the feedback Ben. TM is done first and is essentially the same as step 9, which must be completed before advancing.