This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

London Gymnastics Training

Started by Alex Littlejohn, April 11, 2017 · 4 Replies · 734 Views

Alex Littlejohn

Hey there - I am new to GST, and am completing Foundations 1 following a recent re-location to London - Anyone aware of any studios / Gyms in central London - preferably South of the River, Brixton, Wandsworth ....

Neil Jansen

Just getting back into the swing of things myself here after relocating to London from the States. Down in Balham, actually, but don't know of any gyms :/ Will be putting in some stall bars in my spare room soon, though.

Have you found anything yourself?

Fiona Silk

Hi Neil,

I'm not far from you - near Crystal Palace.

Have you got the stall bars in? I have rings, mats etc. but scared of the consequences of putting stall bars in wrong (although weirdly have a lot of confidence in my rings install!).

Happy to host a few people to do some training sometime. Am yet to find a gym with stall bars nearby - they all seem to be in Hackney, with all teh kewl kidz ;)

Fi

 

@Rich Bunto - tagging you in this

 

 

Mark Birbeck

Hi Alex/Neil/Fiona,

I'm also near Crystal Palace, and for stall bars I use the children's play area in Dulwich Park. I find that if I get there by about 7.30am I can go through to about 8.30am completely uninterrupted! I have tried going later--for example when my wife is running in the Park Run on a Saturday--but then I'm sharing with little kids. Kind of fun...but it does make you a bit self-conscious. ;)

There's also a ladder/monkey bar kind of setup in Brockwell Park (Brixton), near the BMX track. I used to go there, and there's not much to choose between that and Dulwich Park. I just settled on the latter in the end because of how it works with the early morning traffic.

So if you feel like training in the fresh air--and fresh frost, snow, and rain, of course--then either of these two spots works pretty well, I think.

If any of you guys fancy meeting up then Friday is my usual day (in Dulwich Park) when I'll do a bit of skipping, followed by core and HS2. I'm sometimes there for a second session, and if I do it's either Monday or Wednesday depending on, well...you know...life.

All the best,

Mark

Rich Bunto

Hi all, working in south bermondsey from monday next week. If anyone knows of any suitable parks/ places to train in the area one evening/ and is available for some GST please let me know!