This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Swivel hips again

Started by Paul Moran, April 11, 2017 · 3 Replies · 100 Views

Paul Moran

Hi All

After receiving feedback last time I submitted a video for this element, I went away and worked on: sitting up straighter, externally rotating the outside leg, and bringing my left leg up to speed with my right. Feeling quite a bit better about this one, but I'm keen to get objective feedback as I can feel myself getting impatient and wanting to move on! I want to keep myself honest. Mastery??? Please no more scrap shrugs!

Thanks

 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Paul,

I have two tips for you: 

-Keep a 90 degree knee angle at all times.  

-Don't allow your glutes to lift off the ground. For example, as your knees dropped to the left, your right glute was coming off the ground. Instead, keep the opposite glute planted. 

Nice job staying upright. Keep at it! This is worth the time. Trust me!

Paul Moran

Thanks for the feedback Everett. I'll go away and do some more work. It's been frustrating being stuck on this progression for so long, but I am still seeing progress so I guess I just need to keep plugging away.

Luke Searra

That's right Paul just keep being consistent and patient and plugging away!