Here is my 30s wall handstand. My main issue is inability to straighten right arm which causes some instability. I wondered if theres anything else I might be able to include to improve it
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Paul Wallbridge, April 10, 2017 · 4 Replies · 88 Views
Here is my 30s wall handstand. My main issue is inability to straighten right arm which causes some instability. I wondered if theres anything else I might be able to include to improve it
Hi Paul,
It's looking pretty solid. You are picking up a small amount of pike in the hips as you hold. Squeezing your gluts harder will help you to ensure that the hips are flat. I would also like to see you push taller through the shoulders as you hold. You goal should be to pinch your ears between your shoulders throughout the set.
I would also like to see a video of your wall handstand taken from the front. A second view will help us to give you more accurate feedback to help you improve.
5 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Hi Paul,
It's looking pretty solid. You are picking up a small amount of pike in the hips as you hold. Squeezing your gluts harder will help you to ensure that the hips are flat. I would also like to see you push taller through the shoulders as you hold. You goal should be to pinch your ears between your shoulders throughout the set.
I would also like to see a video of your wall handstand taken from the front. A second view will help us to give you more accurate feedback to help you improve.
Thanks @Jeffrey Bittner, I'll work on those points. Here is a clip from the front:
Hi Paul, out of my curiosity, is your right elbow locked? also can I see the 2 previous mastered mobility?
I can't lock my right elbow as it has restricted movement from when I snapped the ulna at 16 - it was repaired with pins and k-wire