This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

T1/1.1-7.1 movement check

Started by Marin Vladovic 265092, April 9, 2017 · 5 Replies · 137 Views

Marin Vladovic 265092

Hello fellow members.

I`m sharing my mornig movement fix. I`ve started with GST less than a month ago, with Foundation 1, HS1, Tumbling 1 (+ stretch series recently).

In those 4 + weeks i`ve done the tumbling series 7 or 8 times. I`ve also tryed a few .2 workouts (2.2 & 3.2).

This morning I`ve been pretty sore, from last 4 days of training + boulder climbing, but nontheless I wanted to catch myself on camera and ask you good people for some advice. I know that in T1/1.1. my hips are far too low, but this was due to the morning stiffness in the back and the shoulders.

Here is the link to the video.

Tumbling 1 2017-04-09

Any help, suggestions and criticism are very much welcomed.

 

Thank you for your support!

 

Marin

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Marin, I have for you some tips:

-during the table walk (first exercise) you need to hold the hips always at shoulders level, this dramatically increases the number of benefits of the exercise

-during lizard try to hold the butt as lower as possible every reps.

-during the side arc/hollow roll try to hold the legs together, also the shoulders cannot touch the floor, the beginning of the thoracic spine must always off from the floor. do not bend the elbows.

-on the T1/2.2 do not put the fingertips on the floor but reach the side of the forearm first. keep feet together, the pike at the hips must be reduced

-during the 6.1 keep the legs together, for the rolling movements a side view it is definitely better.

 

 

Marin Vladovic 265092

Thanks for the fast reply Alessandro.

Didn`t figure out that the elbows were firs in T1/2.2...it seemed easier, but makes sense now.

During the table walk, do I flex the neck, and look forward, or try to keep the neck straight with the spine?

 

Will try to do the upper corrections in the next two weeks, and repeat the video a little more fresh.

Best.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Marin for the table hold the head neutral I prefer you to watch the ceiling or the sky!

Kai Ewert

nice work and nice workout location!

 

Marin Vladovic 265092

Thanks Kai.

As much as possible trying to be outdoors..but then, when the weather is like in the past week...well you are left without a proper playfield :) pros and cons..it`s life