This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

strange shoulder movement during lat stretch

Started by Leigh Kettle, April 6, 2017 · 2 Replies · 118 Views

Leigh Kettle

I have a question relating to a strange "travel" I get in my shoulder  during the bent lat stretch (rope climb pe2 mobility ) 

It only ever occurs in my left shoulder during the movement to the left , there is zero pain it just feels like something is in the way when I move over To my left  side and once it pops into the right place I can continue with the stretch 

you can clearly see the "pop" at 0.2 0.8 and 0.10 of the attached video (it happens when I go into left side and come out of it ) 

is this a similar thing to the hip popping during for example supine flairs , (something else I've  experienced ) which again sometimes doesn't happen and when it does is usually contained to one side 

strangely during inverted cat on the theraball in the thoracic bridge series this same Ieft shoulder seems to need to do the same pop when I get into this stretch but in this position I can never seem to pop it without coming off the ball and readjusting the position .

as I say there's never the slightest bit of pain during the lat stretch  l and during the inverted cat it's more discomfort like it's stuck in the wrong position is best I can describe it

any thoughts greatly appreciated

leigh

https://youtu.be/7_jwj2_Sw68

Alessandro Mainente

Hi leigh, something similar happens also in my rx shoulder during the bridge, it can be 2 things:

-tissue adhesion

-muscle moving back in the correct place, sometimes it happens due to muscle mass which is build up around the shoulder.

If it is not painful nd the movement it is still controlled you should be fine.

Leigh Kettle

Thanks alessandro 

good to hear that it doesn't appear to be anything sinister 

thanks  as always