This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

elevated planche lean check

Started by Marcus Patterson, April 6, 2017 · 8 Replies · 151 Views

Marcus Patterson

 

 

Petri Widsten

Hi Marcus

I'd suggest raising your feet higher so that you have a fairly horizontal line from back to feet and putting them on something like furniture sliders on a hard surface to eliminate assistance from friction. For the lean the target is hands at hips but you should only lean as far as you can while you can still maintain protraction. In my experience it takes a fair bit of time to build this strength but if you don't have it in F2 sPL it will come back to haunt you :-). I'm still at this element myself.

 

Marcus Patterson

I'm not sure whether the camera I used ( action can) makes the lean look less than it is. I will try again with my phone see if it looks better. 

 

Re the sliders , interesting. Not sure how I can work that one , will have to think about it. 

Marcus Patterson

This is my normal planche lean, do I need to go back and work on more lean?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Marcus,

I recommend going back and spending a bit more time on this one. You are almost there, but you need some more lean. It also looks like you are lacking some protraction. Protracting the scapula will help you to feel more stable and allow you to lean more.

Marcus Patterson
6 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Marcus,

I recommend going back and spending a bit more time on this one. You are almost there, but you need some more lean. It also looks like you are lacking some protraction. Protracting the scapula will help you to feel more stable and allow you to lean more.

Thanks Jeffrey

 

what is the recommended lean?

 

thanks

Jeffrey Bittner

Your goal should be to lean so that the palms are between your belly button and your waist. Currently your hands are just above your belly button.

Marcus Patterson
14 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Your goal should be to lean so that the palms are between your belly button and your waist. Currently your hands are just above your belly button.

wow! OK lots more work to do!

Alessandro Di Sanzo

@Marcus Patterson another tip I received was to keep heels together! Maybe it is only a detail, but you know, details make difference :)