I'm suffering from some strange inner-chest pain (see picture above). It is somewhat hard to locate, but it feels like something is wrong with the connection between the chest-muscle and the sternum (mainly lower chest).
From what I've tried it mostly/only occurs when I'm pressing downward with straigth arms like in Ring-Support Holds.
Pressing with a closed chest is really painful. Keeping the chest up during Support-Holds is ok but going from closed chest to open chest hurts a lot! It is the same thing with going from BL-tuck (closed chest) to BL-adv. tuck (open chest)...
I quitted doing supports a few months ago when the pain showed up for the first time.
Here's a list of what hurts and what doesn't
- PPP (-)
- Adv. Frog (-)
- front Support on Rings (-)
- Dips (only endposition=Support) (+)
- Ring Support (+)
- BL-tuck (not exactly sure)
- going from BL-tuck to inverted hang (Back Pull - half, BtGB page 146) (+)
I'm going to see a doctor next week but maybe he can help me better if you guys have any ideas what might be the problem.
Any help or just thoughts would be much appreciated!