This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE18 pls help

Started by Erhardt Stopke, April 5, 2017 · 5 Replies · 228 Views

Erhardt Stopke

Dear,I wanna ask you for help. I got in my training to HBP PE 18 but I am strugling with it over a few months and still cannot do any progress. You can see on video my terrible technique. Would you pls advice me what to do to improve it? I know i am arching as hell but i dont know how to avoid it.

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Erhardt, 

Can you please attach a video of your HBP/PE17 form so I can compare the two?

Alessandro Mainente

Generally speaking, I prefer you to be closer to the wall with the head in position. you definitely nee to arch less.

Erhardt Stopke

Hi Everett...ok i will attach PE17 video as soon as i have mz next  training session

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

Compared to the course video you are failing to realign your torso into the proper handstand line when you reach the top of the range of motion. Do your best to return to the proper handstand line as you reach the top of the range of motion.

Generally speaking your overall core strength will help with a lot as it gets stronger. Doing elevated box headstand push ups aught to help as your core strength improves.

Jon Thornham

Are you able to do a handstand?  I had the same issue a few months back and I have found the following is helping.  

1.  My handstand is starting to take shape so I am able to come away from the wall.  

2.  I started with shorted reps on handstand pushups to make sure I could keep my form.  I did this by placing a mat just ahead of my hand and would lower myself to the mat an then raise myself back up.  As I mastered 8 inches (2' mat folded four times) I removed one of the folds.  I only progress if I am able to maintain the form.  It's help tremendously so far.