This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP pe3 - causing tendon pain?

Started by Marcus Patterson, April 5, 2017 · 3 Replies · 104 Views

Marcus Patterson

Hi all

before starting GB I already had chronic tendonitis, just want to put that out there.

Whilst doing RC pe1 and HBP pe 1 and 2 , I have never had any pain in my tendons, it has felt utterly awesome.

 

However now that I have moved on to hbp pe3, it seems to have come back in my right forearm. So much so that even to brush my teeth, my forearm feels very tight and painful to contract to hold the toothbrush.

What do you suggest? I go back to pe2 and stay on that for a another several months? It was tedious enough the first time around to be able to complete 5 x 15 with the coupled mobility and I waas so happy to move onto pe3, but I am sure that it is what is causing the pain.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Marcus Patterson,

Pain that affects your activities of daily living should not be taken lightly. I would highly encourage you to seek medical professional first and rest for 1-2 weeks. You can gradually introduce PE1 again once you have clearance to train again. Don't worry about restarting because it is much more better than to aggravate whatever it is that is causing pain.

Marcus Patterson

Hi Leo

thanks for that. As I say it is chronic and I have had it for many years. The doctors just say take ibuprofen, rest, ice, which is not a lon gterm solution for the problem. When doing the lighter exercise for high reps there was no problem. I might try going back to that again and see if it improves. THat way I will know what causes it.

Alessandro Mainente

HI Marcus, chronic pain could take years to heal completely , the best suggestion it is to stay away from repetitive movements which are the first cause of chronic injury.