This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Going Backwards?

Started by Zach Nielsen, April 4, 2017 · 5 Replies · 185 Views

Zach Nielsen

I am on 5x36 seconds of the hollow body hold and seems to be going backwards!  Anyone experience this?  Maybe it's a just a bad week and perhaps lack of sleep and poor nutrition is to blame.  But just wanted to see if anyone else has had this experience.  Thanks!

 

Affan Osman

How long have you been stuck? If it's over a month you may have to change something. I had to increase from once a week schedule to twice a week for my core. On the other hand if you are working on it thrice a week you may have to drop to twice a week.

James Hill

I certainly have. Lifestyle factors do seem to play a part as does changing form; generally as I learn to perform the exercise better it gets harder to execute. Maybe it is me but my progress seems far from linear which can be discouraging.

Greg White
16 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

How long have you been stuck? If it's over a month you may have to change something. I had to increase from once a week schedule to twice a week for my core. On the other hand if you are working on it thrice a week you may have to drop to twice a week.

Agree with Affan. I've had to do this with PE2, bHBR. I didnt find PE1 too bad but PE2 has benefitted a lot recently from an extra session bHBR at the end of my Upper body session.

I've already tried adding an extra set for volume onto bHBR on core day but it didnt do anything for me. But that would be the first recommended port of call, tag an extra set onto what your doing and see how that goes (Zach).

I make some progress most weeks only working an exercise once a week except for the FL.

Everett Carroll

Hi Zach,

I saw you were on 5x36s for PE5 all of last month. Lots of factors at play with these sorts of things but were you being honest when selecting fine or could the step actually have been more on the harder side?

Don't be afraid to drop down a step when you hit a point like this. Send in a quick form check/video review as well. 

Zach Nielsen

@Everett Carroll  I did feel as though I was able to do the previous step ok and I was almost able to do this one with just the back raising on the ground on the last set just a little bit, but yesterday, my back lower back was raising off the ground at about 20 seconds into the last set instead of maybe on the last 5 seconds of the last set.  I'll for sure try adding this movement to two times a week and see how it goes.