This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC-PE1, HBP-PE1,sPL-PE1, second take

Started by Jan Hrvatin, April 2, 2017 · 28 Replies · 373 Views

Jan Hrvatin

So.. 

I tried protracting more in the pushups. I had to rearrange somewhat after each rep because I had the feeling that while trying to get some thoracic flexion I was losing my PPT even though my abs and butt were tight and contracted all the time. As far as it goes with the protraction, I really have the feeling that I do protract as much as I can, but I think my kyphotic curve is somewhat flat thus making it hard to look like a "turttle" in the upmost position. You will see in the video if any progress is done.

Rows.. hmm... I tried as suggested to put my shoulders directly beneath the rings, but as it can be seen, something ain't right. If my shoulders are there and my feet stay unmoved, I can't pull up.. it just feels wrong.

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Jan,

Your protraction is getting MUCH better. Nice job there. You already noticed yourself that your hips were lifting slightly when emphasizing protraction (only on some reps) so just fight that reflex.

For the rows, your start position was actually a bit beyond vertical. Here is a screenshot showing your strap and arm angle in red. You want the green, vertical line before beginning: 

 

 

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 11.02.17 AM.png

Jan Hrvatin

Agreed Everett, but if you look closely after that I slip into a position which is directly beneath the rings and try to pull up. At 1.04 exactly. 

But I will give it a try one more time, even though I don't really know if it can be done. Since when I pull myself so that my fist touches the lower part of my shoulder (as is expected in the exercise explanation), my feet slide back and when I lower myself, my shoulders are not directly behind. I think it would be different if my feet were elevated. 

As for the pushups.. I will try to do some more refining, even though it's getting on my nerves if I'm completely honest :D 

Everett Carroll

Post a video of your rows when you attempt them next. Keep making micro-adjustments until you are able to find the correct ring strap length and body position to make them possible. They are possible :)

On 7/25/2017 at 11:55 AM, Jan Hrvatin said:

As for the pushups.. I will try to do some more refining, even though it's getting on my nerves if I'm completely honest :D

Enjoy the journey, my friend. You got this!