I had already mastered this one, but don't think I ever posted a form check. I figured since I went through all the new SLS progressions, I might as well double check this one as well. Thanks in advance for feedback.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Josh Shaw, April 2, 2017 · 3 Replies · 56 Views
I had already mastered this one, but don't think I ever posted a form check. I figured since I went through all the new SLS progressions, I might as well double check this one as well. Thanks in advance for feedback.
Hi Josh,
Not bad. On your PE, make sure that your knees are together as you stand up. You are picking up a small pause/hesitation on some of your reps in the squat position when standing up. Work on transitioning smoothly between the roll and the squat.
On your iM, work on sitting up straighter. Your goal is to keep your chest up tall throughout the set. Also work on keeping your knees together on this movement as well.
Keep at it!
Thanks for the feedback. I have trouble making that transition from the floor without spreading my knees apart. I had no problem keeping my knees together on PE4, but I was doing them on a 6-7" surface. Unfortunately my fitness center where I do most of my GST work doesn't have any panel mats where I can adjust the height and slowly work my way to the floor. I've tried doing them on the handicap ramp, thinking the incline would be a good half way point, but the angle makes the rocking feel awkward. I'm going to try to rearrange my schedule a bit so I can do these at the gym, where they do have panel mats.
Hi Josh,
Finding some panel mats would be a game changer. It would definitely help make the transition smoother. Great thinking!