This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Running and Foundations

Started by Paul Amato, March 31, 2017 · 5 Replies · 133 Views

Paul Amato

I heard Coach Sommer in a podcast with Tim Ferriss last year and was very intrigued. Long story short, I have 3 sons, a set of twins that are 4 and a 21 month old. I also run my own business and work long hours. Needless to say, I have let myself go. I am an ex college athlete and stayed active until the kids were born.  I have kick started better nutrition and more sleep when allowed by the kids. I purchased the Foundations course and just started.  I live in a hilly neighborhood and purchased a jogging stroller to run with the kids.  Any advice with the foundation and running, alternate with running, same days as running.  Starting the Foundation module, I realize I lack mobility and flexibility.  Does it make sense to work through the Foundation and finish the 4 week program, then start running or can I do both simultaneously. Currently I am not experiencing any pain or discomfort, just lack of mobility and flexibility :).  

Thank you for any advice.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Paul my suggestion it is to begin with once a week in a day where you do not perform the foundations workout.

in this post there are some indications and suggestion on what to do: 

Paul Amato

I searched but did not see this message, grazie.  I am only on Day 4 of Foundations.  As I learn new positions, do you recommend repeating all of them each day? Thank you @Alessandro Mainente

Everett Carroll

Hi Paul,

During Fundamentals, you do not need to perform all of the positions you have learned every day. Feel free to pick one or two of your favorite ones and use them for warmup or cooldown, however. 

Paul Amato

@Everett Carroll Thank you. How often should I do the positions in a day, just once or multiple times.

Everett Carroll

You're welcome, Paul. 

We do not have designated requirements for sets and reps in Fundamentals: