muscle up

Started by Alessandro Mainente, February 17, 2010 · 2 Replies · 2,628 Views

Alessandro Mainente

a few weeks ago i got my first muscle up...i can use this for the short routine of rings but if i have to do multiple muscle up i can't do more than one muscle up! i don't use any help for the muscle up (swing or keep), i focuse my execution only on the strength...

i have a pulley system...is preferable try to do multiple muscle up with an aid of 8-10kg with the pulley system (and gradually decrease the weight) before try to do routines with multiple muscle up?

thanks

Blairbob

It would be better to use a slight assist on the MU instead of coming down to maintain tension throughout the series.

Or you could do an easier form of MU.

Joakim Anderson

I got my first MU too not to long ago so I guess we're at about the same place in MU strength. I can only do one rep, so I start all my strength series with one MU, and also when I do exercises starting in a support position (such as dips, L-sits, etc) I start the set with an MU. Like greasing the groove within the training session. I'll continue doing it when I get back to the rings (traveling now) and I think it will result in me being able to do two reps soon, and then three....