This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Very constipated

Started by Antonio Alías Montoya, March 30, 2017 · 5 Replies · 141 Views

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi coaches and trainers

I ve been very constipated this week, like never before in my life. I went to the toilet on Sunday and it wasn t a big deal and until today, Thursday already, I haven t gone to the toilet again. This means 4 days...

I m coming from a vegeterian diet, used to eat a lot of whole grains and legumes. I started Thrive 2 months ago and I m on step 11, so I ve finished the first part of the course and for the first time this week I could say I m including in my diet all the food approved in Thrive. I used to go once everyday to the toilet. Hardly often when I was travelling I could be 2 consecutive days without going to the toilet.

I m following all the steps. Veggies with lunch, dinner and breakfast, all the water, some starches, 2 pieces of fruit everyday, healthy fats. My main starches are potatos and white rice.

I m a bit worried and would like to go everyday to the toilet. What can I do? Do I need more fiber? What are the most fibrous veggies and fruits. White rice has very little amount of fiber, should I maybe add more gluten free rolled oats.

This is not meant to criticise Thrive, I want to give a fair try to Thrive (at least 6 months) before saying anything. But I think 4 days without going to the toilet is wat too much and would like some help. I ve checked how much fiber legumes have and they have a lot. I used to eat them everyday, so maybe is the change and my body needs some adaptation, I don t know. I m also pretty sure my mom used to give me white rice and potatos when I had diharrea or I was sick.

Any help?

Jeff Serven

Vegetarians have a difficult time digesting fat and protein and the longer you were a vegetarian the harder its going to be to get it back. No, you don't need more fiber. 

Even if you leave Thrive you will continue to have the same problem unless you return to vegetarian oblivion. You are doing all the right stuff just stick with it. 

 

Antonio Alías Montoya

Ok, thanks Jeff. I ll stick to the program, for sure. I was vegetarian for 4 years. Finally I went to the toilet an hour ago! Yuhuuu!

Ryan Bailey
14 minutes ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

Ok, thanks Jeff. I ll stick to the program, for sure. I was vegetarian for 4 years. Finally I went to the toilet an hour ago! Yuhuuu!

#Goals

Antonio Alías Montoya
Just now, Ryan Bailey said:

#Goals

Hahahaha! Yes! Priority goals!

Jeff Serven

Good work Antonio sticking with the program! Keep us updated on the transition from vegetarian.