This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is PE6 the last level for Foundation 1 Core?

Started by George Chung, March 30, 2017 · 5 Replies · 210 Views

George Chung

I guess I need to buy Foundation 2 now? hahaha

Ferdinand Berr

solid brag:p

Congratulations, I guess you can be happy to spend those dollars;) It's kind of like a reward though, right?

Everett Carroll

Hi George,

Yes, PE6 is the last progression in F1 for all of the core elements. 

George Chung

I complete the 5x60 hollow body rocks, but not like they do in the video. I have to wait a little longer to recover between sets. Is that OK? Or should I be able to keep up with the video and bang them out?

Everett Carroll

Hi George,

No, you should be able to stick with the follow along video and not take any further rest. If you have to take additional rest, then it is not considered mastery and you shouldn't move on to the next progression. Using only the iM as rest ensures that your work capacity is being trained to the proper level. Regress as many steps as necessary to complete the workout without any additional rest. Stick to the follow along video.  I also suggest sending in a video of your form to video review (https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/videoreview/). 

Jon Douglas

Heh, I wish! No, Coach's standards for basic core strength are a little higher :)

The core being as it is, endurance is important to train as well as strength, hence requiring the limited rest. With most of Foundation I see it more as breaking up a single long set; with core work I see it as just enough ' rest' to make it feel like work again when the set starts :)