This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Portion Sizes and Performance/Bloating

Started by Stuart McFarlane, March 29, 2017 · 1 Replies · 68 Views

Stuart McFarlane

Team,

Some complacency has allowed my portion sizes to creep up, without my fist/palm getting any bigger to match!  I have returned to the thrive standard.  

I noticed quite a difference in my feeling and performance.  Even though I was eating the same non gassy foodstuffs I found that just edging up portion sizes past a critical point left me feeling bloated and sluggish in workouts.  When I cut the portion sizes back to recommended sizes I feel "freer" and more able and mobile and not "lagged" or bloated.

Is there some reason for this?  I certainly wasn't "full" - I used to eat a lot more before thrive. I though it was the type, not portion size of food that did this... like there are some foods I know when I eat them, no matter how small an amount they will bloat or lag me, but this was when eating clean foods.

I suppose this is more of a personal observation but I'm much more curious and interested in my nutrition since Thrive so when I notice a difference I like to understand why.  Any thoughts?

Stu

Jeff Serven

Hi Stu,

Its hard to say without know how much more food. I think its a personal observation. But, good insight it to how you react to portion sizes.