This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stall Bar Alternatives for Foundation 2

Started by Christian Mullin, March 29, 2017 · 8 Replies · 228 Views

Christian Mullin

Hi there,

So I have recently taken the plunge into purchasing foundation 2 and although I've seen in another post that you only need a pullup bar for stall bar movements, I am seriously wondering how this is possible. I recently attempted SL: PE9 and I wasn't even sure how to get into the starting position, let alone complete quality repetitions. My gym does not have stall bars unfortunately, but they do have pull up bars and dip stations. Is there anyone that can lend some help to this problem? Thank you so much in advance!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Christian can you post please a couple of photos of your structure so that i can think something more?

Nicholas Murray

If your gym has a power rack, you might be able to insert dowels into some of the safety rail holes - not a perfect stall bar, but it's what I used before building my own stall bars.

stallbar.JPG

Christian Mullin
On 4/1/2017 at 1:00 AM, Nicholas Murray said:

If your gym has a power rack, you might be able to insert dowels into some of the safety rail holes - not a perfect stall bar, but it's what I used before building my own stall bars.

stallbar.JPG

ah! I will try this! Thanks so much for the help.

Christian Mullin
On 3/29/2017 at 3:33 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Christian can you post please a couple of photos of your structure so that i can think something more?

I'm sorry I totally forgot to take photos last time I was at the gym but I will try what nicholas murray has suggested and see where that gets me! I can still take photos of some of the things in my gym and go from there. Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente

No worry!!

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

I used a vertical playground ladder, before building my own set of stall bars.

Nathan Harrington

I have been struggling with this as well as the gym I work with is not geared toward gymnastics, but it I have been able to use a squat rack that is pushed up against a wall and also a basic bench press with a counter weight on the seat so it doesn't tip over. I took a video of the bench idea here:

 

Pauline Taube

Nice, I like this idea Nathan! :)