This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weighted mobility exercises - what to start with and what to strive for?

Started by Michaël Van den Berg, March 28, 2017 · 2 Replies · 188 Views

Michaël Van den Berg

Dear forum members - is there a 'master list' for all the weighted mobility elements in the Handstand series, showing 1) what weights to start with and 2) what weights to strive for? I know the information is out there scattered throughout the forum but I don't think I've seen a comprehensive list (please correct me if I'm wrong).

The same goes for weighted mobility for the Foundation series  - I'll post a similar inquiry in the appopriate subforum.

Alessandro Mainente

HI MIchael, for the exercise where you have to use the weighted bar :

-seated shoulder flexion reps/hold

-shoulder extension reps/hold

-dislocates variation

-floor supine bar hold

we always recommend to begin with at least 1 kg (only exception for super tight students) and build up to 3-4 kg , long term goal it is 10% BW at least.

For the prone shoulder flexion hold/reps the wood bar it is the starting point and 1-2 kg it is fine to move on.

Michaël Van den Berg

Thank you, Alessandro!