This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

cramps during Supine Flairs

Started by Ferdinand Berr, March 27, 2017 · 3 Replies · 95 Views

Ferdinand Berr

Hi everyone!

I did the Middle Split course yesterday for the second time. Doing the Supine Flairs, I experienced cramps in the quads of the working leg when lifted up as high as possible. Is that a common thing? What is the reason for those cramps?

 

Thank you;)

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Ferdinand Berr,

Yes this is completely normal. There are numerous reasons behind the cramping. You may not be used to the exercise yet, tight quads, weak quads, or by the time you have reached supine flairs your legs are already tired.

Alessandro Mainente

When the working legs it is actively pressed on the body or on the side cramps happen when the hamstring/adductors are too tight. 

Paul Wallbridge

I have the same, (done it twice also)I'm blaming the exercise done just before where you squeeze the abductors for 90 secs. Assuming that this and the other difficult positions will become easier (to get into a deeper stretch) over time