This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is there such a thing as over-stretching

Started by George Traganidas 235308, March 26, 2017 · 3 Replies · 172 Views

George Traganidas 235308

I am a bit confused on how often I should be stretching. I know that in the Stretch videos, Coach is advising to do them once a week because doing them twice a week will slow down your progress because you will be too tired. Does that mean that if I pick 2-3 stretched and do them 7 days a week is bad, because the muscles I stretch do not have time to recover? How often should I stretch a specific area?

Thanks,

George

Pauline Taube

Hi George,

It's recommended to do each of the series once per week. It's ok to pick a few stretches from the course which you can perform daily as long as you've recovered from your previous stretch sessions. I recommend to perform these with less intensity than you would do when you perform the whole series. 

You can always perform dynamic movements and limbering exercises daily without slowing down your progress, but stretching intensely everyday on a specific area is not recommended. 

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks. So can I stretch every day, but I should make sure that it is a moderate to low intensity instead of full on like the Stretch series. It makes sense.

Pauline Taube

Exactly :)