This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to handle mobility deficits

Started by Patrick Costello 252690, March 26, 2017 · 1 Replies · 117 Views

Patrick Costello 252690

Hi everyone, my name is Patrick. I'm new to the forum having just completed my Fundementals course. 

 

The Fundementals brought to light a few of my mobility issues, typical to modern life (forward shoulders, and anterior pelvic tilt). 

 

Should I progress to the Stretch courses to correct these issues before starting Foundations? Does Foundations cover mobility issues on its own? Do I stay with Fundementals until I can perform all the movements properly?

 

Sorry for all the questions but I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Pauline Taube

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the GymnasticBodies community!

Great questions! Glad you've completed the Fundamentals course. Next step would be Foundation One and I highly recommend to complement this course with the Stretch series. You can do these simultaneously. The Foundation series itself does include both strength and mobility elements. However, combining these will allow you to progress faster through the course. Coach Sommer also recommmend this combination for athletes with limited mobility. 

Most students continue to perform the daily limbering routine after completing the Fundamentals. This way you'll keep refining the movements, this is also a great warm up routine before your training or Stretch session. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Feel free to post your progress on the forum, we'd love to follow your GST journey :)