This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Reasoning behind relatively short rest periods

Started by Jan Hrvatin, March 26, 2017 · 2 Replies · 176 Views

Jan Hrvatin

Hello everybody!

I just bought the Foundation 1 program and I'm enjoying it very much. I do have some background in training so up to this point I'm progressing relatively quickly. There is a question that arose to me while doing the workouts (especially the upper body one) - it regards the resting period. I'm wondering whether there is a special reason behind the low rest periods? I like it, since it makes even the simple exercises (incline rows i regarded as easy before doing controlled sets of 15reps x4 with back stretches in-between), and I "feel the burn" which makes the training more challenging.. however, can anyone tell me the reasoning behind it? Is it just for "endurance development"?

Thank you!

Pauline Taube

Hi Jan,

Happy to hear that you're enjoying your training. Great question. Foundation One focus on building work capacity and prepare your joints and connective tissues for heavier load as you progress through your Foundation series :) 

Jan Hrvatin

Thank you Pauline!