Lever progression without bars, while traveling

Started by Gregory Ferenstein, March 26, 2017 · 1 Replies · 1,704 Views

Gregory Ferenstein

What are some good alternatives for front and side levers, especially if i don't have access to a gym while traveling. I used to do pull-ups on the top of an open door. I also have these super-compact handles that sit flat against a door (link below).

https://www.amazon.com/Lifeline-LLPUCU-Power-Up-Chin-Up/dp/B006PDK1B4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1490558100&sr=8-3&keywords=lifeline+pull+up

So, I can hold myself facing toward and away from the door, but there's no overhead space.

Thanks for any ideas.

Pauline Taube

Hi Gregory,

I recommend to travel with a pair of gymnastic rings. This allow you to do so many things and you can always find somewhere to put them up. Most places you will probably be able to find parks where the have monkey bars. Side lever progressions can be trickier if you don't find stall bars, unless you can do them on a pole. Not having access to a gym is a great opportunity to focus on refining the basic progressions :)