Shoulder pain

Started by Richard Aston, March 26, 2017 · 2 Replies · 1,719 Views

Richard Aston

Hi everyone,

first of all I would like to highlight that my shoulder impingement steams from 4 years of crossfit. Last year I switched to movement gymnastic bodies and callisthenics. During the last year I have tried to keep impact on the shoulder joint to an absolute minimum I have incorporated a lot of mobility and rotator cuff strengthening drills but the pain doesn't seem to ever go away. The impingement is only noticeable in certain positions and generally I can train without noticing it at all for example if I'm in the driver seat of the car and I go to pick up something from the back seat I will notice it I have attached a couple of pictures to try to highlight were I can feel the pain.

but my basic question is this if I have a small tear in my rotator cuff will it ever heal itself without surgery and if so what sort of exercises or mobility routines are best to help it along.

thanks 

image.png

image.png

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Richard, tear usually does not heal in section with high density of connective tissue, 4 years means chronic problem. the first step it is to have a diagnosis with a MRI.

Richard Aston

Thanks Alessandro,

Ive given up on the idea of it healing itself. 

Ill try to book and MRI