This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Request course clarification

Started by Michael McDaniel, March 26, 2017 · 3 Replies · 131 Views

Michael McDaniel

Hi!  I'm a newbie.  I'm on day 10 of the Fundamentals course.  I want to clarify just what I'm supposed to do after watching and going through the exercises.  It seems too short to end the session after only a few minutes of training.  How am I to gauge how much practice I'll need to progress on track?  I mean, the video can't tell if I'm mastering a move or falling on my butt.  (I'm 56 yo and in good shape but a little stiff.)  Do I just spend a few minutes then go on with my day or is a certain amount of time expected of me if I'm to keep up with whatever is next.  Am I to move to the next lesson after one day or not until I can master the exercise?

Also, how does the program run after I finish Fundamentals?  I assume Fundamentals is next then I choose whether I want to be able to do a handstand, work on the rings, etc.  I'm not trying to be a gymnast.  I want flexibility for good health and longevity and for my martial arts and other sports that I play.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Darin Phoenix

Hi Michael,

There are no established sets and reps for Fundamentals. You are only required to do the follow along for a given day but are welcome to 'play' with some of the other movements you are having trouble with.

Click the links below to learn more about how the Fundamentals course works. 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/fundamentals/introduction/
 

Foundation would be the next logical course after you complete Fundamentals. Foundation is a perfect combination of strength and mobility training that would fit in perfectly with your goals of staying fit and flexible for you other sports and overall good health. If you want to delve even deeper into your flexibility training and chase after your front and middle splits along with bridge then the splits series would be an excellent accompaniment to Foundation. If you are serious about obtaining a Handstand you could also consider adding ou amazing Handstand series to your courses. The great thing about the whole program is that you can tailor it to your individual needs.   

We are here to help so let us know if you have any further questions.

Michael McDaniel

Thank you, Darin.  How do people generally progress?  Do they purchase courses/levels as they get to the point that they master a stretch/exercise?

Pauline Taube

Hi Michael,

Most students move on to Foundation One after Fundamentals. Coach Sommer recommend to complement this course with the Stretch series. 

Many of our courses can be trained simultaneously, i.e. Stretch series, Handstand and Movement series can be done along with your Foundation One course. 

When beginning Foundation One you will need to master each strength and mobility element before you move on to the next progression. You will need to master the F1 exercises before moving on to Foundation Two etc..

Please let us know if you have any other questions :)