Doing the incline push-ups (F1, HBP PE1, steps 5+) aggravates my elbows. As far as I can tell, the main issue is the arm position (elbows in, palms fully pronated).
Would flaring out a bit at the elbows and angling the hands negatively impact the goal of this exercise?
Also, the incline aspect pretty much does nothing for me. I'm not sure where the exercise is headed, but would dropping down to a pair of parallets (8 inches off the floor) be a bad thing? I did that last night and the result was considerably more difficult.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Adjustments to HBP PE1?
Started by Darren Rousar, March 25, 2017 · 2 Replies · 89 Views
Hi Darren,
I recommend consulting with a physio about the elbow pain you are experiencing during this one. It is not good to train through joint pain or even a little aggravation. Rest for now and consult with a doctor. Once the movement is pain-free, please send in a video for us to review. Keep the angle at an incline, as designated in the follow-along/technique tip videos. You will be moving to the ground next but it is important to master this PE and the German Arm Swings with proper form and mobility before advancing.
Your focus right now should be on begin able to train these without joint irritation.
Thanks Everett.