This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder pain on very first day

Started by Tracy Bookman, March 25, 2017 · 1 Replies · 59 Views

Tracy Bookman

I am a brand new member. 53 year old male. Last summer I started to try to do some body-weight exercises to deal with lack of body strength and developed pain in my shoulder that made it so I went from 3x15 pushups to not even being able to do one. I just recently became a member here in hopes to increase overall flexibility and strength, but also to help with this shoulder pain. I have been recently avoiding pushups, but still doing pull-ups and also some Mobility/WOD massage ball techniques which seemed like it helped my shoulder, but as I have very gradually started back into some pushups, the shoulder pain has increased. 

I got into the crab position today for day one of the Fundamentals course which I just bought and though I could almost get into a good 90degree, I could not have my shoulder in that position without pain. 

My question is, should I continue to try to do this or will I be adding to my injury? Or... will doing this position eventually relieve the shoulder pain?

Thanks in advance for any help!! 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Tracy, no, you have to check a specialist and understand the cause of the problem. there is not workout with pain which can have benefits of physique.