My shoulders have clicking sounds

Started by aoa, February 16, 2010 · 3 Replies · 2,757 Views

aoa

When I perform a puch and I retreat my arm, my shoulder clics very loudly and audible.

The sound only comes when I come back with my arm, not when I go foreward with the punch.

I feel it hurts very little, but I def. feel a disconfort at the time of the click.

What should I do to fix it?

Jeffrey

Its normal for joints to pop/click though. It is mainly from cartilage rubbing in the joint, sometimes it is from not having enough synovial fluid in the joint, sometimes it is from too much tension in the ligaments of the joint or excessive loading at the joint. If it dont hurts its fine but pain and/or uncomfortable feeling isnt good, this could indicate an imbalance bacause of maltraction. You could see a sports doc or a PT if you want to be sure.

Joshua Naterman

Show a video if you can. That is NOT normal. Most likely you a) are extending too far and/or b) have loose shoulder joints. Watch my chest expander video, it will help teach you how to strengthen the shoulder girdle. Also. do shrugs. Standing, leaning forward, in the push up position, in the front lever position(even if you have to support your feet, that may be necessary at first), and inverted hang. Also, rotator work will help. You need to strengthen EVERYTHING that has anything to do with the shoulder joint, and these tools will help. Also, watch Ido Portal's Shoulder Stabilization video and his Scapular Mobility video. Both are in the bottom 1/4 of his list of uploads. His username is Portaldo and mine is Slizzardman. Good luck!

aoa

Ok I'll try and do the strengthening exercises with the rubber band, thanks alot.