This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE2

Started by Antonio Alías Montoya, March 25, 2017 · 6 Replies · 105 Views

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hello coaches,

I m training push ups for a few weeks. I film myself both the exercise and the mobility and this is the result:

After watching it i realized I was maybe protacting too much or maybe hyper extending to spine. I m not sure. Alessandro told me about that in my PE1 form check and I think i fixed it. I feel good doing like in the video and focus on PPT and protaction but maybe I m not doing good here, so I decide to film myself again without trying to protact so much at the top and still trying to keep PPT. 

In which videos my form is better? How s looking my push up? Thanks in advance!

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Antonio Alías Montoya, 
 

Yes you are rounding your spine too much and piking in the first video. Second video is better. As for your mobility, I hope you are locking your elbows.

Antonio Alías Montoya
2 hours ago, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi @Antonio Alías Montoya, 
 

Yes you are rounding your spine too much and piking in the first video. Second video is better. As for your mobility, I hope you are locking your elbows.

Thanks Leo,

I ll work on that a few workouts and will upload my form again.

Antonio Alías Montoya

And yes, i m quite sure i m locking my elbows, but next time I ll be aware of it.

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi coaches, here s un update on my push ups form and mobility. Is it better? I promise i m engaging my glutes and abs to keep ppt although i have very tight hip flexors which make it hard!

Thanks!

Pauline Taube

Very nice work Antonio! Solid push-ups :) 

Antonio Alías Montoya

So happy to hear it! :)